Due to COVID-19, our office has been forced to rethink the best way to continue offering our supportive services and programs while placing the safety and health of our participants, volunteers, and staff above all else. We know this is a time of unknown but we’re in this together. While our doors are currently closed, I’ve listed some ways below we can continue staying in touch during the coming weeks. For any and all questions and appointment scheduling, please contact us at info@stewartscaringplace.
org or 330.836.1772.
Programs & Services:
- Our counselor is offering 30-60 minute phone counseling sessions for any participant needing additional support at this time. We encourage you to schedule a phone counseling session if you’d like to talk. We’re here for you.
- We have begun working with our incredible facilitators to create videos covering everything from movement to self care, and more. The videos along with additional linked resources will be shared on our YouTube channel and website video gallery and we encourage you to enjoy this content and keep your brains and bodies active.
- We will continue providing no-contact food shares deliveries from our food pantry unless otherwise restricted by our local, state, or federal government. If you are facing food insecurity during this time and are in need of extra support, please contact us by.
- Our licensed financial and legal facilitator professionals have offered to continue conducting financial and legal consultations by phone. Topics you can speak to these professionals cover everything from financial planning; insurance; social security and disability; wills trusts, and estate planning, and more.
- While our April 5th Easter Party has been postponed, we are creating Easter activity kits in the coming weeks and plan to drop off the kits to the families who have signed up.
- Our friend Dr. Terry Gordon has a number of short videos on topics such as How to Handle Stress and Facing Adversity at www.drterrygordon.com/category/videos
- Calm, the #1 meditation app, is offering free of charge meditations, sleep stories, music, talks, and general calming content at calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath
- ErkhartYoga is offering 12 yoga and meditation classes for free at
- The Cleveland Clinic 4th Angel program connects patients and caregivers with
trained volunteer mentors with similar age and cancer experiences. The program is a national, free service that emphasizes one-on-one contact to best empower caregivers and patients with knowledge, awareness, hope and a helping hand. To request a mentor or become a mentor, visit 4thangel.ccf.org or call 866.520.3179.
We hope to be back with each other soon, offering support services at no cost to help you and your loved ones in their cancer journey.
- All group activities (including but not limited to Yoga, Gentle Strength, all Support Groups, and workshops) are suspended.
- All integrative care appointments (including but not limited to Massage, Reiki, Foot Reflexology, and Mini Facials) are postponed until further notice.
- All individual and family counseling appointments with our licensed counselor have been moved to phone counseling sessions.
- Wig fittings have been temporarily postponed along with our April 5th Easter party.
- Our licensed financial & legal facilitator professionals have offered to continue conducting financial and legal consultations by request with phone consults.
- Additionally, if you are facing food insecurity during this time and are in need of extra support, please contact us.